We Wanted To Show You WHY We Love Ethiopia!!!
Authentic Ethiopia Tours is a Tour Operator in Addis Abeba, operating tours in Ethiopia. We built our company-Authentic Ethiopia Tours on a passion for travel, meeting new people, and truly experiencing different places.
Authentic Ethiopia professional tour operator in Ethiopia with experience in offering customized holidays in Ethiopia's most acclaimed destinations. We use our experience to shape unforgettable memories for your group custom tour. We focus on providing responsibly priced, high-quality tour services personalized for our worldwide clientele.
We pride ourselves in thoughtful and personalized service, proven by our track record over the past decade. We invite you to share in our love and passion for our incredible country.
We become Travelife Partner level certified tour operator in Ethiopia, offers customized tours in Ethiopia to small groups and families. Flexibility, On time Response, Authentic Experience and Personalized services are our core competencies.
Authentic Ethiopia Tours is a professional tour company that offers custom tours in Ethiopia dedicated to catering any travel itinerary to meet your needs! We pride ourselves on our ability to provide you with the most engaging and memorable travel experience at an incredible value.
Backed by over 19 years of combined experience in the tour industry and a deep love for our country- Ethiopia, our superior travel packages and step-on guides provide you with unparalleled service.
15 Interesting Facts About Ethiopia
1. The Ethiopian calendar is different from the Georgian calendar. There are thirteen months in the Ethiopian calendar, which means they are currently in 2014.
2. Ethiopians also measure the hours of a day to a different schedule based on the logic that the clock starts when the day does. Ethiopia, however, observes 13 calendar months per year. This makes the Ethiopian calendar 7 years behind the rest of the world.
3. Ethiopia is the only African country never to have been brought under colonial rule. The Italians tried but failed woefully and were defeated by the solid Ethiopian forces.
4. Ethiopia has the world's oldest Bible and the most unique.
5. Ethiopia is home to one of the world's best coffee. In fact, coffee production is huge in Ethiopia.
6. According to some archaeological findings, Ethiopia is the cradle of humankind. Meaning life actually started in Ethiopia.
7. In 1960, an Ethiopian named Abebe Bikila became the first Black African to win gold in the Olympics. He won it by running barefoot.
8. Addis Ababa's name translates to ‘New Flower’ in Amharic. The city is one of the oldest cities in the world.
9. Ethiopia is home to some of the world's tastiest, healthiest and most diverse cuisines on the continent of Africa.
10. The biggest festival in Ethiopia, Timket, is a three-day annual festival that honours the baptism of Jesus Christ in the river Jordan. It's one of the world's largest festivals that takes place annually. The festival attracts millions of people from all over the world.
11. Ethiopia has the most UNESCO World Heritage Sites on the continent. Ethiopia takes first place as the African country with the most UNESCO World Heritage sites. There are 9 total ranging from religious sites to natural areas. Among them are the Simien National Park, Konso Cultural Landscape and the rock-hewn churches.
12. Over 80 languages are spoken in Ethiopia. There are over 80 languages spoken with English being the language of educational systems in addition to local languages which include Oromo, Amharic, Somali and Tigrinya.
13. Over half of Africa’s mountains are in Ethiopia. Along with Ethiopia’s incredible cultural and historical significance, the natural beauty is in a league of its own. In addition to a gorgeous landscape of low desserts and volcanic plateaus, Ethiopia is incredibly mountainous. In fact, around 70% of Africa’s mountains are in Ethiopia.
14. Ethiopia is Africa’s oldest country. Originally founded in 980 BC, Ethiopia is the oldest independent nation on the continent. Additionally, Ethiopia has remnants of some of the most ancient human beings on earth dating back millions of years making it one of the most important archaeological areas in the world. Not only that, but it is the second most populated country with more than 106 million people.
15. Ethiopia is the only country in the world with its own unique Alphabet.
Top Ethiopia Tours
This tour to the Omo Valley regions- highly customize and takes you the place-Untouched by time and kept their local culture from the rest of the world. Visit the tribes of the Omo Valley and experience their typical culture.
Trekking on the spectacular and scenic mountainous landscapes of the Bale Mountains National Park. The area is the kept secret of Ethiopia (the largest area of Afro alpine habitat in the whole of the continent. It gives the visitor opportunities for unsurpassed mountain walking, horse trekking, scenic driving and the chances to view many of the Ethiopia’s endemic mammals.
Enjoy this classical tour to the historic route that covers Bahir Dar, Lake Tana & its Island Monasteries, Gonder & Its palace compound, the Rock Churches of Lalibela, & Ertale-The Active Volcano. Witness the two geological extremes- Simien Mountain National park(the highest point in Ethiopia) & Denakil-Dallol(one of the lowest point in the world) in a single trip to Ethiopia.
Why Travelling With Us?
Impressions of the real Ethiopia – meet the local people, their lifestyle, customs and culture. Meaningful trips, carried out in a responsible and sustainable way, will leave you with unforgettable memories!
Travel in Small Groups
Combine your active tailor-made holiday with discovering our amazing scenery and local hospitality! Travel in small groups on safe and secure roads, get personalized services and witness our responsible tourism activities. Expertise in Sustainable Tourism services.
A touch of Adventure
Need to get off the beaten track? Explore the rugged country, be impressed by natural phenomena; zoom in on our photo tour or see rare species through a "bird's eye view" - We have the expertise to show it all!
What our clients say
Sileshi was enthusiastic, trustworthy, reliable, flexible and responsive to our needs and requirements and a good communicator and organizer. He was prepared to go the extra mile to make our trip truly memorable.
Robin & Veronica Cross
Sileshi is excellent in his talent to bring real authentic life into every day. It was a pleasure for us with his help to meet people, to talk with them and to learn about the way of living.We are frequent travelers and have been in many countries. It would be a pleasure for us if we could find such a guide as Mr. Tesfaye in other countries.
Walter and Maria Stösser
Dear Sileshi. Margit and I do thank you for the wonderful trip we had in Ethiopia in October 2017.The magic colours on Erta Ale and in the Dallol region were unbelievably great! The second week of our tour in Lalibela and in the Semien NP were amazing as well.
Margit and TobiasSwitzerland
Sileshi is very knowledgeable in all aspects of Ethiopian society and was very keen to share with us the history, the culture and customs of the various ethnic groups we visited (Konso, Hammer, Mursi, Karo and more), the food, and the music of his country. We can only praise his kindness towards us and his patience as a guide. We are also very grateful to our resourceful driver Tensaye.... Read More
Franoise and Sarala
You won’t be disappointed by Sileshi's professionalism, his competency, and his deep knowledge of Ethiopia. Plus support a local tour company!
University of California, Berkeley
I had the pleasure to travel with Sileshi Tesfaye for two weeks through Ethiopia. He has an excellent understanding of the needs of his international customers and is delivering a great service.
Dr. Dominik Meyer